Saturday, October 21, 2006

what just happened....

i can't believe that it has been so long since i last posted! i started my new job this week and it went really well (thank goodness!) and we have had an international student move in with us from china this week too. so things have been a little crazy here the last week or so!

i am almost finished my classes - only one more class and then the exam. i have been cramming in at least one technical drawing per day in preparation for the exam but i just hate them! they have to be so perfect and there are a million rules about what you can and can't do and it drives me crazy! but, patience is a virtue i am told, so i am practicing and hoping for the best.

i finally have my sewing machine up and running so once my exam is over i am hoping to get into some small projects - like making my owl! he has been cut out and pinned for the last couple of weeks and i have been dying to sew him up but i am keeping him as a reward for finishing my class. i can't wait!

I have also been working on a cross stitch - i will have to post a picture of it tomorrow hopefully. it drives me crazy too becuase it is so perfect but i love the colours, the geometric shapes and the repetitive pattern. i bought myself a new book this week called 'swatches' and it is 600 full colour pictures of the most divine fabrics - again - i will post some pics tomorrow.

'til tomorrow then.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home