Sunday, September 10, 2006

kingyo....

this is another one of my drawings...i found a gorgeous book called kingyo which is all about japanese goldfish art. some of the art was amazing- beautiful illustrations, woodblock prints, paintings and ceramics. i was absorbed in this book for weeks and this is one of the drawings that i did afterwards....

i loved that the japanese bred these tiny fish to have particular colours and patterns - generations of fish! the soft flowing tails and fins are intriguing, and i love the colours and random patterns on their scales. there could be a whole series of drawings on these fish!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ptelea said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and your tip on Bill Henson. I really do like his photography. One of the reasons I keep doing early morning photography is because I love the contrast of dark and light.

This fish is beautiful and I can relate to being inspired by these beautiful creatures.

As far as inspiration and passion go - I let them lead me around - they have taken me to many beautiful spots - keep listening to what your heart tells you to do!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by again! Bill Henson is fantastic. Last year the National Gallery of Victoria has an major exhibition covering his whole career - i was amazed! I can really see similarities in your work.

I am just following what ever pops up at the moment. there is so much going on but this is definetly a fun outlet!

Thanks again!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home